Sunday, July 27, 2008

IM GOIN' BACK TO CALI-CALI- CALI....



So as you can see, we had a great time at our summer beach vacation. This year Adams parents joined us and so did my niece Isabel and nephew Trevor. My parents also decided to join us which was a nice surprise! They all got there on Saturday which gave me and Adam time to have our kids to ourselves. Each one of our kids boogie boarded pretty much the WHOLE day. Makenzie always goes off and makes friends and stays in the water catching the waves. Shes really good at it too. Parker and Taylor mark this as the first year they actually got in past the shallows. (we usually pull them on the boards in the very shallow area) They had a blast- and as luck would have it, the camera got left at the hotel. Oh well! Adam and I trade off on who gets to go in with Kenze, but this year I took my "Twilight" book so I was okay to stay under our big shade tent and devour the book... again... for the third time!

The rest of the time the two younger ones went about the normal part of just hanging in the shallow areas on the boards and digging in the sand. Everyday we were lucky enough to have front row parking- if you have ever been there, you would understand the nightmare of finding good parking! When the Wallicks go the beach- it is ALL DAY LONG! I hate leaving, Newport is one of my favorite spots to vacation and we have done it every summer since 1998.

We did Downtown Disney and enjoyed our families. The fireworks and the excitement of the music is always fun for the kids, especially Taylor who is still in love with "Build A Bear". "Bubba Gumps" is a GREAT place to eat if you ever see one- you have to try it! ( I should get paid for all the advertising I do on my blog huh?)

We had a blast, don't want to bore you, just wanted to share some pictures with you all!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds SO fun! I am a beach lover myself. Can't wait to go again!

Jess said...

Lunch sounds fan-double-tastic!

Jason and Tawni said...

That vacation sounds like a blast! We go to a timeshare in Laguna Beach every year and we love it. I love the update and the pictures. I was starting to worry that we would never hear from you again!

Heather and Trevor said...

How fun! We love going to Newport! I love that area of Cali! :) So Jealous! Are you so excited for Breaking Dawn!?!? ME TOO!!!! :) Also, Trevor is making us read 6 pages a day in our scriptures like you guys now! Dang Adam for telling him! :) JK We are working up to it. You are such great examples! :)

Heather and Trevor said...

P.S. did you give me your e-mail? If not send it to igolfgirl@gmail.com because I finally went private! :)

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!