Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Weak Week

Not much happened this past week. Adam had gone out of town Monday... and I hated it! Later that night the kids and I were able to go and hear Makenzie perform in her Chamber Choir concert. This group of girls is so amazing- I was honestly impressed. They will head to Savannah at the end of the month for a competition and I get to go with as a chaperon. I am so excited to hear them again. The rest of the week I kept busy with school, and shuffling Makenzie to YM and Chamber Choir practice and getting Adam home from the MARTA, and studying. Adam and I got our date Friday night, we went to dinner and a movie- Sherlock Holmes. It was good. Yesterday, Makenzie had her All State Choir second audition 8:30 in the morning. She thinks she did a good job... we should find out sometime this week if she made it or not. These auditions are very tough and you have to be prepared. She is singing songs I have never even heard of but they are beautiful. We wish her luck! She will also be auditioning for the school spring musical titled "Dear Edwina". Her call time is a 6:30 on Thursday evening. I don't know how she does it! She is an amazing daughter, and she is getting all A's and two B's.
**** Since I wrote this on Sunday night- we made a quick trip to Greenville S.C with Adam for a work issue, and it was a lot of fun. We came back yesterday in enough time to have dinner and FHE with the missionaries. Then this morning... we received word that Makenzie made the All State Choir! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Love and hugs-

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It gave me chills as I read the end of your blog about Makenzie making All State Choir! Way to go Makenzie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!! You guys are busy! Geez Shannon, I don't know how you do it. Good for you!! Still love your blog music.

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

Good Job Kenzie! I am so glad she does all this. She will love the memories from all these experiences. I know I was able to meet a lot of neat people and I still have awesome memories. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!! Neither can the kids. They are all fighting over who gets to play with who first. It is too funny!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!