Saturday, August 2, 2008

Worth the Wait?



Fo Shizzle! What a fun night! We started off at Barnes and I gotta be honest- it wasn't that great! My feet are sore from walking around doing the "hunt" and it was hot, and there were people EVERYWHERE! We did get our picture taken with a security guy who we were calling "Charlie"- that was pretty funny. Some guy who was an "Edward" wannabe posed with us for a picture too and was he weird! After we spent all that time finding the questions to answer (40) and then answering them my friends decided they wanted to leave to go to LP.- We get there, and the party is pretty much over. So I decided to leave and head to Wal-mart and honesty that was way fun! Who knew?

While in line I met the cutest girls and we had fun chattin away, AND the best part is Wal-mart had prizes for us all! I got a trailer dvd, a button, and a sticker sheet. Everywhere in the store was so pumped and so excited! Even better was the price (13.68) and the fact that you didnt have to pre-buy ( LP was selling them for 22!) and you didn't have to have a bracelet and pay 25 to join the book club just to get your book for 16( Barnes).My friend Shelly ened up joining me there and so thankfully the night ended good.

By the way- like my shirt? Not sure if you can see it that good but when my friend Andi gets a sec she will send me a group shot of us and then you can see the shirts better.

Looking forward to doing nothing but reading! Enjoy and good-night

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look stinking cute!! I drove past the B&N in Layton and it was CRAZY! There were lines wrapped around the building on both sides. Glad you made it to Wallys and that you had fun there. Have a wonderful day reading!

mnhvance said...

Hey Shannon! I am SO excited about these books too! I'm glad I found your blog! You can check ours out at www.mnhvance.blogspot.com. Happy reading!

Angela said...

My sis-in-law and I went to Costco on saturday morning at 10 and found a bin full of books right by the entrance. I looked at almost every female cart and found a copy in her cart. They were just 12.99! I hate to have no used my B&N gift card that Todd got for my bday, but I couldn't pass that up. Did you finish the book yet??? LOL!

andi watkins said...

I just got to Bella's second book last night before i HAD to pass out... is this book BLOWING YOUR MIND or what?!?!?

THE CHRIS' said...

You freaking weirdo!

Lyle Wood said...

ha ha you are hilarious its cool that you stayed the whole time. i really couldnt handle it any longer i was way too tired. but than i ended up staying up till two in the morning and buying the dang book at wal-mart instead!! oh well its good so far im almost done with it. im trying to make it last as long as possible!! your so adorable i love you!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!