Sunday, August 24, 2008

OH THE IRONY!!!

So- we have had a strange week! On Friday- I came home to find a car sitting outside our house, and I got a feeling that they wanted to look at our house even though they drove away.
I came in and finished cleaning and sure enough later that day- our realtor called and said someone was interested.
Here is the catch- it is the gov'ment and they want to pay us to rent the house out to one of their military Navy recruiters. He seemed to be nice, ex-member of the church so I was able to do a little missionary work and I feel really good about him and his family being here.
Do I really want to move? No! especially since we would have to be out in 2 weeks! The irony is the fact that I had a purpose in my life! Going to school, Parker finally in May coming off a waiting list that he has been on since he was 2 weeks old in order to get services thru the state! He has a buddy that comes 3 times a week for two hours and teaches him sign language, and school study skills and just be his buddy. Now everything could change! Not sure if Im so happy about it but is this the answer that Heavenly Father is giving us? Of all the homes to choose from- why ours? We will let you know!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap!! I know how you feel though, is it the right decision? But then you said, why our house? Why your house indeed. Maybe there is a reason why it was your house. Good luck with finding your answers. I will miss you if you move to the east coast. At least in St. George there is a slight possibility that I could visit. So what happens after they're done renting your house. Who has to sell it?

yoyis said...

Oh my goodness!!! It seems like out of a book, not a fun one by the way. I am for you staying for a little longer :). Now you have a lot of praying to do!!!

Heather and Trevor said...

OMIGOSH! I saw that car! Are you seriously going to move! Just when I get down here! Oh the Irony indeed! :( Who is Trevor going to play tennis with! Who am I going to look at in Primary! Who is going to let me borrow all of their books! AHHHH....I want whatever is best for you but now I am so sad! Please keep me posted.....Lots of love from us and Good Luck!

The Crocketts said...

Good luck. I know how hard decisions like this can be. Just stay close to the Spirit and you'll know what to do and the Lord will support you. You're in my heart and prayers! I know you'll make the right decision, the one the Lord wants you to make. Keep us posted!
Love ya!

D and H fam said...

Wow-what a choice. I didn't even know you guys were looking at moving. Where are you moving to? And why? Sorry for not being there for your Sunday lesson needs, we were at Bear Lake for a family reunion.

The Crocketts said...

I miss you too! I'm hoping that we'll be home by sometime in October, but that might be a stretch. For sure by the end of the year. That's how things are looking right now. If I had my way we'd be driving down the road right now! If you do move before I get back there, then we'll just have to find a way to see you before we leave.

THE CHRIS' said...

Wow, you have a realtor. So professional. ha! You aint' moving sista! You can't!

By: Amanda said...

well, sure but can you trust that they will pay their rent on time? We ARE talking about the government here..... Maybe you should wait for a more reliable renter.....

andi watkins said...

I'm in denial still...
just tell Adam to turn down the freakin' offer already!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!