Tuesday, March 24, 2009

OUCH!



So- I went to the dentist on Friday for what I thought might be a simple cavity. As the law of physics works in my life... turns out I needed a root canal! So that is what I had yesterday. Now- just let me start by saying, it did not hurt at all! What is awful about it is the fact that for the rest of the day, my mouth was stuffed with gauze and I had to keep swallowing the left over "stuff". Then once the numbness wore off, the pain set it. I stayed on top of it with "vicodin" but.... that made me feel super dizzy and really irritated AND it made me itch. The worst part of this?( besides the $2,500 I had to shell out!) I can't work out, run- nothing physical for the rest of the week! As my cousin Mindy Hughes would say.. "Lamesauce!". So here I am this morning, not really feeling any pain but dizzy and nauseous like something fierce! So my advice to you all.... keep up on your regular dental visits! Have a super week and love and hugs to all!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I hate the dentist. It is not the pain of a root canal that I think is horrible, it is the little rubber thingy they put in your mouth. I am claustrophobic and I just can't take it!

Unknown said...

I don't want to hear this. I'm scheduled for a root canal next month. AND I have to have my wisdom teeth out. LAMESAUCE!!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Robin

Josh and Michele said...

Yuck! Don't ya just love it when you get to pay big bucks for these kinds of things? Sounds like things are good for you...we still miss you guys tons.

By: Amanda said...

Awwwwww, Muffin!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

If it were me, I would've just had the tooth pulled. One root canal $2500. A toothless grin- priceless. I would love to see that. Isn't that what people in Georgia look like anyway. That is what I remember.

HA!HA! Sorry about it all, but laugh at my jokes okay.

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!