Monday, March 2, 2009





We had a great time with Grandma Pam here, and as my luck would have it- the time went by WAY to FAST! We did a lot of fun things besides enjoy one anothers company. While the kids were in school we were able to do lunch, go to a movie, go to the King Tut exhibit in Atlanta, and see Olympic Park and we even drove all the way to Bowden Georgia to see one of Adams boyhood homes! I loved hearing all of Pam and Adam's stories about their memories of family and friends. On Saturday we took the kids and headed to Tennessee to visit Ruby Falls. It was amazing! We took an elevator 26 feet underground, and then had to walk 1000 feet into a cavern that in itself was awe inspiring! Our reward was a beautiful, breath taking waterfall! It was so fun to spend all that time with Pam, and I really miss her! She left yesterday and I literally walked around in a daze. Even today- I had a hard time trying to "get up and go"! As you can imagine- it was a fantastic time!
Makenzie gave us some great news- she got a big lead in her school play! She auditioned for "Into the woods"- a play about all the fairy tale characters. She really wanted the part of either "Lil Red Riding Hood" or "Cinderella". What she got? The part of the "Witch"! She is excited about it, and we hope to find out more about it this week. She thinks she has two solo songs. One a pretty and slow one, and the other one, is a rap song. We will see! Enjoy your week, do good things, and don't forget to give thanks for all that you have! Love and Hugs-

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats on the big part Makenzie! I am hoping you will post a video of at least part of it here.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you guys are still having good times in Atlanta. That waterfall is awesome.

Cindy said...

Glad you guys had fun. Congrats on trying out and getting the Witch part Makenzie. You will be great! Like the ring pop action Tay. When are we going to get to see Taylor's picture she drew for school? You are so cute Parker. Love you all

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

In the Broadway production, the witch is the BEST part in the whole musical!!! I'm assuming this is the Jr. version since the original show is almost 3 hours long, but the witch is still the best part!!! She becomes beautiful towards the end so I'm sure that's why they picked Makenzie. :) I think I have the Jr. script upstairs somewhere. I'll see if I can find it if you want more details. Congrats, Makenzie! That's awesome!

By: Amanda said...

Ruby Falls looks awesome....it is 4 hours away from us, so maybe in the future a bit when JT is a better traveler. Congrats to Makenzie for her part in the play!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

So, I am so glad you guys had fun. I am sure that was hard for her to have to leave.
Okay, so I was at the Einstein Race today with the boys and this little boy with Down's ran the race. When he finished everyone was cheering and guess what. I started to cry my eyes out. It made me miss Parker so much. I wanted to just give him a great big hug. So do that for me. We miss you guys a ton. Give them all hugs and kisses.
That is awesome you guys went to Bowden. What do you think. Pretty cool home huh?

The Steele Family said...

Hey! So I can't remember if I ever told you what we were doing this summer. We are moving to Cincinnati Ohio for Jake's job. And as far as the weight loss goes...lol, yeah that is a whole other story. What have you guys been up to?!

The Crocketts said...

Congrats Kenzie! I'm so glad that you had such a great time and that you're all doing so well there! What a great experience!

Unknown said...

My special time with all of you was awsome, can't wait until June. We booked our flights today. Shannon don't think for a minute it was easy for me to leave you all, My body left but my heart stayed. Ilove each of you so much. Love the photos so greatful for technology. Love Grandma Pam

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!