Monday, March 16, 2009

When it Rains, It Pours!!


I hear that the weather in St.George is just beautiful and that shorts are back in! There is nothing more exciting than listening to all of natures birds, and bugs singing on a fresh, crisp morning. Last Monday I was in shorts and it was hot, but by Thursday we were back to the cold! It has rained all day everyday since Friday! I have to admit, I love waking up to the sound of the rain, in fact I love rain period! I just think that it is so wild how fast the weather changes here! Things are moving fast here for us- Parker got an award last week at his school for being a good role model and respecting others. It was a sight to see! He went on stage with the other 3rd graders and puffed his chest out and his arms were flared open- as if he was in a body building contest. Then they called his name- he walked out to center stage, got his medal and gave me the thumbs up! He melts my heart daily! We have not heard anything more about Taylor's art project other than now it is at a contest called- "The Natures of Art". I have never seen it, but hope to get it back from the school. As for Makenzie- she is extremely busy. She just got moved from an alto to a soprano in her choir, and she has been preparing for an all day music festival this Thursday. She is doing well in her play- she stole the show during practice today and she came home completely exhilarated! We are reading lines with her whenever she has the chance and we are so excited to see her on stage. The play is in May- so there is plenty of time for perfection. No deep thoughts or good stories to relay- just have a great week! Love and hugs-

9 comments:

The Steele Family said...

Hey, so give me your email...I gotta tell ya something. And yes, we are planning on paying for our little house still since we will only be gone for 4 months. And my fitness hasn't been going so great. I keep getting sick! And it's not very fun to be puking at the gym. Thats so cool you are doing a 5k. I was actually gonna do a triathlon with my sister but plans have kinda changed. I don't know, we will have to see...lol. Email me: the.steele.fam@gmail.com

Kathy said...

It is so fun to read everything new you and your kids are doing. I love it that all the hard parenting pays off with some awards for them, which equal rewards for you!

The Crocketts said...

Glad you're lovin' the rain! I'm so happy that your kids are doing so great. What a blessing! Miss ya!

Jess said...

It sounds like you guys are all doing well! I'm so glad. Your kids are awesome.
My mom was here this week & it was SO nice! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your MIL.
Hope you enjoy the rain!
Love,
-Jess;)

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

Yeah, the weather has been great. In fact, we have gone swimming at the Summit already. It was awesome. the kids had a blast. I will post pictures soon on my blog.
I could only imagine Parker puffing out his chest. He is such a stud muffin.

By: Amanda said...

Yes, today I sent DB to school without a jacket because it was 75 yesterday, but turns out it was only like 55 and cloudy today. SHEESH! I can't keep up with this constantly changing weather. Glad you are all doing well....

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Congrats to Parker on his award! And it sounds like the girls are doing great too. Sounds like Makenzie really likes her part. I thought she would! It would be so fun to come down there and see the play in May. Who knows? We may be living closer to you by then. Pat has a possible job interview in SC. We'll see...

Kathy said...

quirkyquartet.blogspot.com

yoyis said...

Hi there, I am just here catching up with your blog! Mine is waaaaaay behind!! I will catch up before I go back to school. I miss you and your cheerfulness... Hope everything is well

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!