Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hilton Head 2009

We had a great time on our vacation with our family in Hilton Head S.C. We had my in laws with us(which is always a good time) and we allowed Makenzie to bring a friend. We had a great condo with our backyard facing a pond. It was beautiful... until we realized that pond had alligators! Yes- so we were just thankful that our balcony was on the second floor because they have been known to just be on the bottom floors balconies sunning themselves. We stayed on the beach or at the pool for the most part, except one day we went into Savannah and toured the historic part. It was really interesting and so cool to see these old buildings that are still there from the 1700's. After being there for 7 days we got home on the 4th and just let off fireworks with our neighbors in the front yard. We were all too tired to head off to anything major. The next day- we headed off to Julie and Jays farm and kayaked and 4 wheeled and had a lot of fun. Monday- we kissed our Pam and Jim (Adams Parents) goodbye and THEN on Tues..... I started School! I am studying to be an esthetician.... it has been fun and really interesting. It seems that since the end of our vacation, I have been up and running. There is never enough time to do anything during the week- I knew it wouldn't be easy. It is just so weird to have the tables turned and have to really rely on Adam to be home with the kids. He has been doing a great job. He has been called to be First counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency(not even sure that is how it is spelled cuz Im sooo soo tired) It has been such a great experience for him- especially since he had to teach this past week. He was so nervous but in the end- Im sure he did just fine. I am still waiting for a calling in our new ward- we split right before we went on vacay. The Bishop said I am next! Hmmmm- Hope all is well.... Love and Hugs-

8 comments:

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

So I really don't like it when you have sappy music on your blog. I know this song isn't sappy but it always makes me cry. I miss you guys so much and to watch your slide shows and listen to the music makes me cry. what a cry baby I am. I am glad you guys had such a great vacation. Maybe next time we can go. We love you guys. And of course you are my favorite sister in law besides Lora. Just kidding. I just wanted you to gasp. I love you so much and appreciate all that you have done for my brother. You are awesome.

Josh and Michele said...

Going to school? Way to go girl! Looks like you guys had a great 4th too. So fun to see an update. And I am wishn' ya an awesome calling with fingers crossed. Can't wait to hear.

By: Amanda said...

sorry we didn't make it over to you in Hilton Head....one of these days we are going to make it to you! Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

I wish I was back in "HH" It was such fun,crocks and all. Thank you so much for a wonderful time. Sorry I was so tired on our last day, but i still had a great time just being with all of you. I love you all my heartful love Grandma Pam P.S.. john and molly had baby girl this am all is well

Cindy said...

Way to go Shannon, another great slide show! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Pam said her and Jim had a great time alligators and all. Thanks for sharing. Love you all!

Jason and Tawni said...

That looks and sounds like a great vacation! You guys sure live in a beautiful part of the country. I had no idea that you were going to school, congrats! You will be aFABULOUS esthetician and I can't think of a better fit for you. With your gorgeous face and skin you will have clients lining up left and right hoping that you can make them look like you! Great update, miss you lots!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Sounds like you guys have had a full summer! Sorry I haven't been able to check your blog much lately. We'd still love to see you guys sometime. Email me!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

P.S. That's awesome that you are starting school! How long is the program?

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!