Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally! We are Back on Track

As you can see- I got a new camera! I love it and I am SO happy that I can now post pictures of our days here in the south. For our last hurrah to close the end of the summer- we took the kids to the Atlanta Zoo. It was a lot of fun, even though it was one of the hottest days here... 104!(I know! You all out there in St.George can give me no sympathy) I don't think I have ever seen Parker so excited! He could not wait to see the kangaroos and we made sure that we saved that for last. He loved it and loved hopping around like them. We had a great time, we even became members of the zoo and can go back anytime in the next year for free! We had a great week here, as it marked the first week back to school for the kids. Parker is at a different school this year from the last school. He seems to really like it and his new teacher. Today at church one of the boys in our ward was so excited as he was telling me that he sees Parker at school now! Taylor is also in a brand new school (not the same as Parker though) and she loves it and her teacher! Makenzie came home after her first day radiant and full of smiles! She loves all her teachers and has a lot of friends in her classes. Everyone loved her new hairdo and that made her feel really good. Seriously- I could NOT have asked for a better day for her! Adam is doing well.. he spent Friday night with the missionaries knocking on doors of inactives and then Sat morning doing a service project. The South is doing some good for us and we hope to do some good for the South! Hope all is well-Love and Hugs

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like the first day of school went well. It takes a lot of work for mom to help that happen. Good job Shannon(and Adam too). The kids look great in their "first day" outfits. Mackenzie's hair is darling. I wanted to see her closer up. Back to school for the Wallicks. Keep smiling. I love you all. Still love the music on the blog. It gives me such a good feeling. Miss you tons!

D and H fam said...

Hey my long, lost friend. It was great to hear from you. I don't know about the whole private thing, I feel torn. I hear things, then I think maybe people are just too nervous. I don't know - decisions, decisions.
So I FINALLY read the twilight books this past week (yep, all 4 in one week). Dustin is not one bit happy about my obsession with them. He was also reading them, but after reading the first two, he decided not to continue because I was "overly" into them. Jealous over a book - interesting.
Oh how I would love to come and visit. Maybe one day - we shall see - you just never know!!

Unknown said...

Hi my love ones. Wish I was at the zoo with you, looks like you had lots of fun. You all look fantastic for school.GOOD JOB!!!! Missing you all sooooooooo much can't wait for my next visit. Lots of hugs and kisses to each of you Love you my heartful Grandma Pam

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!