Sunday, August 23, 2009

All in a Days Work


Well- we are heading into the third week of school and so far... so good. I really can not believe that a year ago we were still in Utah! We still miss our home but have made the best to make Georgia our new home. We have really been blessed because we are in a great area, have already made great friends and are in a terrific ward. Today, Taylor had to give a talk about being an Eternal Family. She spent the last week working on a drawing of us on the Temple grounds. She chose to do it in chalk and it is precious. She is giving it to the primary for the Stake Conference Art Show. She did a great job on telling our story about when Adam and I were sealed which was August 26th 1998. She recounted on how when we lived in Utah she would love to go to the Temple grounds and walk around the beautiful gardens. She also told the primary kids how she would love to do Family Home Evening and go to the visitors center. I must admit that I miss that too! It was funny because she didn't fail to mention that what she didn't like about the Temple was that she couldn't go in yet, but that she knows that someday she will! Then after she bore her testimony she said she had one more thing to add and that was "Temples unite families". It was so cute. She is looking forward to the day the Atlanta Temple will re-open and she will be able to go in. She says "you can bet that I will be one of the first people in line that day!" I hope that each of you feel of Our Saviors love and that you are happy and loving life! Love and hugs.....

8 comments:

Wilkinson Family said...

Shannon! I thought I would never find you :) Remember all our fun times at Washington Elementary? But we were too cool for that so we went to Coral Canyon??? Do you remember me yet? Rachel Wilkinson, if you forgot me I'll cry :P How are you, how have you been, glad you have a blog so we can keep up with each other now. I have a blog too but we made it private, send me your email (to princesspynk3@yahoo.com) and I'll add ya :)

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

How precious is she. I miss her so much and all of you guys. I told you you have to take this music off your blog. It makes me cry and really miss huggin Parker while I tickle him. I am glad all there first days went good. The kids did good going back to school here as well. Lora and Ian bought the house right next door to ours so all the cousins walk to school together. It is kind of crazy the amount of kids we have between the two families. We love it!!!

Wilkinson Family said...

YAY, I'm glad you remember me! I sent you an invite, so be on the look out!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Awww...I love the picture she drew on your sidebar. So cute. :)

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Hi Shannon! It's been so long!!! I am so glad you are doing well. Stay in touch. Your kids are so neat!

Josh and Michele said...

How cute is Taylor's pic?! She is so sweet. And I can't believe how old Mckenzie is getting...be afraid, be VERY afraid. She is gorgeous. And we so miss Parker's happy face. I love check'n up on you guys...so keep posting!

Cindy said...

Hey sweet Shannon. I love hearing about your cute family. Taylor, your picture is so beautiful. I really like what you said in your talk. You are a good example. I'm excited you all get to go inside your Temple there when it is re-opens. It will be a special day. The music makes me cry too, but I love it. Happy Temple Anniversay!!! Love you and miss you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aunt Cindy

Heather and Trevor said...

What a beautiful post! I love your blog's new look and the beautiful "I love to see the Temple" Song by Paul Cardall. Don't you just LOVE his music! Wonderful! I have been the worst Bloggy friend lately so I am glad to see that you are doing well. I miss you and your kids so much! We hope you can come back and visit sometime. Glad you got a new camera too! That has got to be a relief! Anyways, much love from us! :) xoxo

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!