Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Trip of the Summer


Adam had some work to do in Hendersonville NC which is about a half hour outside of Asheville so we decided to go with. Asheville is the home of the largest home in America- The Biltmore, which was built by a Vanderbilt. It was something I have wanted to see for a while because I hear it is amazing! We took the two little ones -(Makenzie stayed at home with a friend because she didn't want to miss the Beehive sleepover)and realized that when we got there.... it was $55 per person and we only had 2 hours before Adam needed to head to work! No way was I gonna pay that amount and not be able to view everything. We plan on going around Christmas time because that is when it gets decked out with lights galore. You can read all about it at Biltmore.com. The entire downtown area near the Biltmore is awesome... the Mickey D's was the NICEST one I have EVER seen!! It was gorgeous and there was even a grand piano playing while we ate. Taylor said "this is wonderful"- she is sooo like her Grandma Pam! There was an art festival down the street from our hotel so we took the kids there.... that was a joy! Not... Parker was hot and tired form walking.. so that lasted about an hour! That was fine... art festivals tend to bring out some weird,eclectic people don't you think? We went back to the hotel and had a rest while Adam worked. Of course I had to take them swimming... and get them really tired for the night. Finally at about 8 Adam was back and we headed to The Grove Park Inn. Amazing!! You need to check out the website under the same name. I wish we stayed there but I doubt Vita Mix would want the 700-900 a night bill!! I WISH I had a camera... you would NOT believe that rock work at the place... it was like a castle. It dates back to the late 1800s just like the Biltmore. Beautiful! In all our travels I am still amazed at how green and lush and beautiful the south is. After touring the place for an hour and deciding that none of the restaurants were kid friendly we left- headed to Texas Roadhouse, and finally filled our hungry bellies! It was a great weekend but.... not long enough! Adam leaves today for Maine and I am dreading it!! Hope all is well in your world.... love and hugs-

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, you guys always go to such amazing places!! I am so jealous of all the interesting and beautiful places you have been this summer. Miss ya!!

The Papa's said...

Hey, how are you guys? Sounds like a very busy summer! Dan will be sooo jealous when he finds out Adam is going to Maine(Dan served there). Hope all is well!!! =0)

shanon said...

Hey girl. Looks like things are good on the East Coast. Well just to update you I no longer have my shop and am teaching part time now at Red Mountian and am very happy. My little girl is getting so big and I love watching her grow up. I started photography as a hobby and am loving it you should check out my blog for that. Now to the bad news...Kalani is having a very hard time. She had surgery this summer and has had to go to the ER and back up to Salt Lake 3 times. She had to have surgery again and is doing well her mother says but I know emotionally she needs support. So if you get a chance try to get a hold of her:( and give her some love.

Unknown said...

Hi my beautiful family, Just found the paper with your blog address on it I'm sooooo happy because I get to spend alittle of my Sunday with you all. Love you all soooooo much this has made a perfect day for me to see all of you. Be happy and stay well Love Grandma Pam

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Sounds like a beautiful place. A grand piano in Mickey D's? Did I read that right? Now that is something I've got to see! :)

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!