Sunday, September 20, 2009

14 Years and Counting...

I forgot to mention on my last update that on the first of this month- we celebrated our 14th year of marriage! I know-I can't believe how fast the time has passed! I wish we could do it all over again! Read on about what a wonderful guy Adam is.... so you all know that I am in school to become an esthetician... and so while Joey (cousin) was here last week I talked him into coming in for a spa treatment. Adam has already been in for a facial and he really enjoyed it, and so I had them both in for a European facial. I worked on Adam and my friend Rosemary worked on Joey. After the treatment- Joey wanted to have his back waxed and HE talked Adam into doing it as well! Now- Joey had a sweater- meaning he had a lot of hair to remove, but Adam... had none- but still wanted some of the fine blond hairs removed. We just had 3 new students start 3 weeks ago and they needed the experience- what good sports they were!!! Last Saturday we took the kids to see the house that Adam grew up in and we also did some geo-cashing. This past week was not really eventful other than last night Makenzie was in the Young Womens talent show. She did an amazing job of singing! ( The pictures above show Adam and Joey at my school, all of us Geo-Cashing- a pretty road in Bowden, a really old grave, and a slaves grave marked with a brick, and the Falcons vs Miami Dolphins game) Hope all is well-Love and Hugs-

2 comments:

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

I totally agree Shannon. Times does fly. Landon and I celebrated our 12th anniversary this year and I told him it seems weird that so much time has passed by. I am glad you guys are doing so good.
Adam is probably in heaven with being able to get facials. I am glad you are loving school so much.

I took a break from school this semester to work with Marci. I kind of think I might see where things go with her to see if that job will work better for me. The pay is better than starting salary for a teacher and soon if all goes well I will work from home which is something I have always wanted to do. I will be doing the bookkeeping end of it and Von, our boss, says this job will continue to grow. I am very excited and glad to not have to go to school.

Well, Marci says hi. We love you guys!!!

The Steele Family said...

LOL...That's awesome, I love it! And Happy "late" Anniversary! Yeah I can't believe we are going to have 3 kids by our 3rd anniversary...especially since I was planning on waiting 1 to 2 years after we got married to have kids so I could finish school and pay off some student loans. Guess God has a sense of humor huh? Oh well...this should be fun!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!