Sunday, September 27, 2009

Singing In the Rain.....

What a glorious feeling.... I love the rain, even though it has been non-stop. I feel really bad for the folks who have experienced the flooding of their homes and the changes that come with that. It has been bad as many of you know from watching the news so make sure that when you are in your beds in your beautiful homes that you say a quick prayer for them and offer a few words of thanks for your privileges. This past week has been a long one, it seems that all we do is go-go-go! Multiple counties closed the schools on Tues so we headed to Greensboro NC with Adam for a quick 2 day trip. It was fun and mostly relaxing for me. Friday night I did a little networking at an event in Atlanta called "Champagne and Shadows". It is hosted at a makeup studio- you go and socialize/network, and get your makeup done. I looked awesome, but didn't have a camera. I know! So NOT like me. Tomorrow is Adams 35th birthday, which I can not believe! I met and married him when he was only 20 years old, just a baby! Time sure does fly by. Yesterday marked our one year anniversary of us loading up our family and beginning a new chapter in our lives by moving here to Ga. I remember thinking as we left Utah- "what is our life going to be like and where will we be a year from now?" Well- we are happy, and healthy and have met a lot of wonderful people. The mission field is amazing out here, and I have never felt like I was a part of that until we moved here. We have an amazing connection with all the missionaries who have serviced our wards and I LOVE that my husband is finally able to be very involved with his calling. I do think of what we are missing back in Utah- but I keep those thoughts silent. Makenzie still thinks of all her cousins and friends so I encourage her to think of all the great friends she has here and how she is creating a wonderful life here. Well- I am very tired but wanted to post before I headed off the bed! Love and hugs-

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Ya'll, I was worried about you guys with all the flooding but I called Pam and she said you were fine.I was really grateful.I cannot believe you have been there a YEAR! It does seem like you have been go for so long.I am grateful for blogs. Happy late bday Adam! Rod Danny and Katie had there bdays this month too. We celebrated the boys' all together(mius Mindy & Ry).It was fun. I missed commenting on your last weeks update. Way to go Mackenzie on your song. The pics of Adam & Joey were so funny. Love you all! Enjoy conference.

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!