Monday, October 5, 2009

The Great Pumpkin.....

Or as they say here in the south... "punkin". We had a great week. I tell you- the weekend couldn't have come any sooner! Saturday morning we got up early and headed out to Burton Farms with our friends The Yohlers. It took us about an hour to get there but the drive was worth it! For miles.. all you can see was pumpkins! It was so exciting because I'm used to rinky dink pumpkin patches. This was totally awesome for us. We took a 2 and a half mile ride (in a hay wagon pulled by a tractor)up the mountain and I swear going thru the patch all you could see was a sea of these giant pumpkins! We had a great time shopping for the perfect one and the kids were super impressed. We finished our trip by having a nice picnic lunch by the creek or "crek". After we got home- it was yard work for Adam and housework for me! We wanted everything done so that we could watch Conference all day Sunday to get caught up with all we missed. Then we remembered that Adam was leaving so we had to get him packed for his flight on Sunday morning. I did watch Sundays sessions and will re watch all the other sessions when Adam returns. Maybe that can be our date each night when the kids go to bed! I'm so smart! As for our babies- they are all healthy and happy. The weather has gotten cooler and it rained again all night and most of the early afternoon today. I love it! Now- I have to dig out all the winter clothes for everyone! Lovely.... it never ends! Love and Hugs
p.s- anyone catch the movie after the last session yesterday? It was so good!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

The slide show was totally awesome! Burton Farm was amazing! Wow! How fun was that place! I want to go!!! Your pictures are "ridiculous" as they say when something is so good it is unbelievable.

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

This would be so much fun. I have always wanted to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. I am glad you guys had so much fun. I love you all!!!

andi watkins said...

hey Girlie, wish I was there with ya, the punkin' patch sounds amazing! I LOVE this time of year, and it's just not the same without cha.. I love all your Halloween blog decor... I'm gonna have to go update mine now. ♥ ya

Josh and Michele said...

cute family pic. Gotta love the fall. Glad to see you guys are doing so good. Still missin' ya out here in Utah!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!