Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Days- Happy Week!

So- I had a busy week, but one filled with much fun! Monday found me back on the tennis courts with a group of women from the neighborhood. I have really missed playing the game, so it was great to be out there. Wednesday, I had lunch with some gals from my ward. Since we were all on diets, we had to take something healthy. I was SO LAME because all I had time to make/take was yogurts. I know- I had planned on a nice salad, but I couldn't muster the energy. ( Must be the double workouts ) Thursday found me at a Valentine's Luncheon with the ladies in my neighborhood. It was all Delores's idea ( she is a true Southern Belle, complete with the accent! I love to hear her talk- think Poo for Pool ) She is the hostess with the mostest, and it was neat to meet three new people aside from our usual group. Friday crept up on me fast! I chaperoned the Honors Choir practice from 9-2, then rushed home to get Tay and Parker off their buses. Later, at 6 we rushed to go hear the final product of their hard work. They sounded so amazing! In between this time I had to rush to get Adam from the Marta- he had flown to Florida. He really wanted to be there for Makenzie, and I know she realizes how lucky she is to have such a caring dad. Saturday was the BIG DAY! Makenzie turned 12! She had a big party at the Mellow Mushroom Pizza Parlor, and invited 13 of her BFF's. They were loud, rowdy and lots of fun to watch and listen to! Later- after the party, Taylor had YET ANOTHER party to go to! This one was for her friend Nicola who lives here in our neighborhood. Taylor says "she is MY BFF!" So we raced home to grab swimsuits and head out.(Makenzie headed to her friend Delaney's cuz she is too cool to hang with us!) This party was one that Parker was invited to as well, and I just have to say- he really did enjoy himself. It was so fun to hear him going down the slide- "ooooooh ooooohh whoooooooo"! It was an overall wonderful time. Thanks again Barbara! Now here I sit on Sunday night thinking that although this was a great fun filled week- it went by WAY to FAST! Hope you are well and happy- Love and Hugs

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds very fun and very busy for all of you. Happy B-day Kenz! Cool about YW. You are all too cute!

Anonymous said...

TELL MAKENZIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I WISH I COULD SEE HER!!!!!!WE MISS HER SOOOOOO MUCH DOWN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Sounds crazy busy, but fun! I can't believe Kenzi is 12! Holy crap!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

12 years old??? I can't believe it!!! Sounds like she had a great b'day. I'm impressed you had a crazy week like that and still squeezed in a blog post. Are you superwoman or what??? haha :)

Tell Makenzie happy belated b'day for me! (if she remembers who I am...haha!)

Love you guys!

Josh and Michele said...

Wow! You sure don't waste any time when it comes to finding stuff to do. I think you are the busiest person I know! Crazy girl!

Jess said...

Hey thanks! If you are ever home visiting, you are welcome to borrow my baby for a while! :) How the heck are ya? I'm so glad we can stay in touch by blogstalking.

Honey Family Blog said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! You are still crazy busy all the time just like usual! I'm glad everything is going good!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

Okay, so I really miss you guys. I can't believe Kenzie is 12, Isabel is 10, and so on. How come our kids have gotten big so fast. Give her a big hug.
How come you are such a social bug. I feel like such a looser when I here about how busy you are.
Okay, so are you doing two workouts a day too? Landon and I have been doing that. It really makes me tired, but I am sure I will get used to it. Please tell me I will get used to it!!:)
I love you guys. Sorry I have not talked with lately. I will try to be better. I have just been busy with school, but things are slowing down. I hope.
Love ya tons. Give everyone hugs and big kisses from all of us.

yoyis said...

I know I am the worst friend. I am not going to school, not really active in the PTA, working only part time, and I still don't know where my time goes!!! I hope Knezie had lots and lots of fun!! It sounds like wherever you go you'll find the way to have fun... you go chica!!!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!