Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My! What Big Eyes You've Got Grandma!

Yes! The day has finally arrived when our dear Grandma Pam has flown in for a visit. We set this up as a surprise to the kids and boy were they ever! Grandma came in on Saturday, and just drove herself over to the house. I asked Parker and Taylor to answer the door and Parker had to do a double take! Taylor didn't know what to do! Makenzie was in the shower, so I had Pam lie on her bed and we waited. Out comes Makenzie wrapped in her towel and it took her a second to realize who was in front of her. "Grandma!" She was so shocked! Later we had Jay and Julie over for dinner and then off to see "Oliver" with our little Orphan Makenzie. She did a great job and is looking forward to being in more plays. Yesterday she tried out for her school musical, and we should know how she did by next week. Well, we are really enjoying Pam and I really hope that this is one of those weeks that goes by Super Slow! Hope all is well in your world- Love and Hugs-

4 comments:

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

I am so glad you guys are having fun with her, but make sure you know you have to send her back. HA! HA! Sounds like Makenzie did good on her tryouts. I hope Isabel gets into stuff like that because I loved being involved with it all.
Okay, so did you love Katie's conversation with Adam. I told Landon and we just laughed. She is such a ditz, but we still love her very much. The blonde hair goes well with the brain. Love you guys. Give everyone hugs and kisses.
Oh Yeah, I am reminding you that Wednesday is Kate's birthday. March 4. She is going out of town that night though, so you might want to call Tuesday if you want to speak with her.

The Isoms said...

How fun to have grandma there! What a fun way to have her come...a surprise! I bet it was great!
Way to go Makenzie! Good luck with the musical!

Cindy said...

It was fun to read about Grandma Pam's surprise visit. I was anxious to hear how it went. How fun!!!!!! Kenz is the most beautiful orphan I have ever seen.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

How fun! I bet the kids were so surprised!!!

That's awesome that Makenzie is doing plays! Hope all works out with the musical. :)

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!