Sunday, February 8, 2009


Well life here in the South has been great this past week! Our kids are healthy and happy and so there is really not much to report- you can get caught up with them on the sidebar. We do have a busy week ahead of us, and I am looking forward to it all. On Valentines Day, Makenzie Louise will be 12! She is excited to be "kidnapped" into Young Women's and she is excited to be out of Primary! We are excited because now she will be able to Baptisms for the dead with either Adam or myself.
Adam and I have decided that we are going to follow Dave Ramsey's book, "The Total Money Makeover", and start securing a better financial future for ourselves and for our kids. The other night while reading Scripture, I came across this from Alma 32:14 and it reads- "And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be humble ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?"
We are so thankful for all that we have, and yet it seems that we are always trying to have more. Make sense? We are now on our quest for financial freedom- freedom from payments and freedom from credit cards! If you are interested in this book, you can go to DaveRamsey.com! We hope that this week will find all of you healthy and especially happy for all that you have! Have a wonderful week and a LOVE filled Valentines Day! Love and Hugs-

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for you guys. Good luck with the new financial plan. Congrats to MaKenzie for moving into YW. Fun! Happy Valetines birthday Kenze. Way to go Taylor on the great artistry! I want to see the picture too. Keep everyone smiling Parker! I love all the cute Wallicks in Georgia! Aunt Cindy Loo Whoo XOXOOXXO

By: Amanda said...

Hey there....sorry I haven't been in touch, I have a lot of excuses but none of them are really that good, so sorry! I am still adjusting to the South, but we are all generally happy, and I am glad to have DB in school here. I think full day KG will really do him some good. So, ahhhh, what's the plan for a little vacay with the Wallicks?

The Crocketts said...

We are following Dave's advice too. We just payed off one debt last week and will have one more gone in 2 weeks! Isn't it GREAT to get on top of money, instead of under it?! Good luck and hang in there! Love ya babe!

yoyis said...

It is great to be debt free!!! I love it. I just wished I had a house... Maybe soon.... Miss you!!

Angela said...

Well, HAPPY BERFDAY Miss Makenzie! That's crazy. Ha'as been missing her a bit. She always reads the blog with me to find out what you guys are doing. We sure do miss you. :0) Good luck in the play, Makenzie!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Makenzie!!! Wow, 12!!!
I've heard great things about "The Total Money Makeover". I would love to hear your thoughts as you really get into it.
I usually feel like we are always trying to have more...when really, we are so blessed to have what we do.
Happy Valentine's Day (week!)

The Crocketts said...

Good for you! Texas is alright. We don't want to stay here forever, this is not where we want to raise our family-that's for sure-but for right now, we're ok. I don't LIKE it, but I can exist as much as Mike can. I can't even begin to tell you about my ward on here. I'll email you sometime! LOL Have a good one!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!