Sunday, February 1, 2009

Y'all Ready For This?



Yes! It is that time of the year when our men become a shrill screaming, finger pointing, ref yelling, couch loving football fan! This year the Steelers (my little brothers team ) will go against the Arizona Cardinals. While I myself am usually not a HUGE football fan- I am excited to watch this year as I AM a former Az Girl! We are all sitting around watching as a family and it is pretty exciting. We got Pizza yesterday and put those in the oven right after church. We will have to see what the out come will be but.. GO CARDINALS! Speaking of church, I had the opportunity to meet with our Stake President today. It was a fluke thing but you see my recommend expired yesterday- and I mentioned that to a member of our bishopric. He was more than happy to interview me and let me know that the Stake President was in the building. I was so nervous to even ask him for his time because he had his coat on and was heading out the door. When he turned around and flashed me the kindest smile, I knew that he was willing to help. I am so excited because out here, recommends are done on Thursdays at 9pm at the Stake Center! I really wanted to be able to go to the Temple Thursday morning with our Relief Society and Adam. President Wood really was sweet and he really took the time to talk with me and get to know me a little bit. At the end of our interview he closed with a prayer and I am so thankful for the things he said and for the peace it brings to my heart. I wish all of you a wonderful week and give your self a hug from me to you!
P.S- Dang it! The Cardinals just lost!

5 comments:

yoyis said...

My hubby was rooting for the Steelers!! Yeah, he was celebrating, dancing, laughing, almost crying! he had his yellow towel and doing his thing.
I am glad you had a nice experience at church. In Saturday we went to EFY with the youth. Elisa came with YW for the first time. I get so excited! (more than her I am sure :))
anyway, it was a great experience and I loved the talks.
Miss you!!!!

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Hey you! Well I haven't moved but Brennon is working up North during the week and commuting home on the weekends. Sucks! But what do ya do, right? I totally miss you! You are so spuncky, I love it! I am now the activity day leader, since I had Shauna release me. I am excited but I might be asking you for ideas...

The Crocketts said...

That's so wonderful about you being able to have such a great experience with your Stake Pres. Oh, and just so you know, I updated my blog tonight! I don't I don't get to it very often, but I do try! Love ya!

Mckayla said...

hey i finnaly found your blog and i am going to see kenzies next so ya we r good thanx 4 asking (ik i didnt give u a chance) so i got my hair died a little lot darker but it is still cute! like i said i was going to and our blog if my mom didnt tell you because she is like that some times not to be mean but ya it is kenworthyfun.blogspot.com

Heather and Trevor said...

I was sad the Cardinals lost too! What a good game though! Very entertaining. I LOVED Wipeout though the best! Did you see it! Hilarious! :) Glad that you got your recommend ! I always feel nervous not for the questions but to meet with such great spiritual men! :) Hows P90X Going? I knew you'd love it if you started! :)

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!