Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life is Good....

As you can tell from the pics we had a fun Spring Break even though we really didn't go on an extended trip! To kick the official week off- we took the kids to the dentist- and I'm thankful to report we are CAVITY FREE! Tues- we headed to NC again and came back on Wed just in time to pick Aunt Andrea up from the MARTA. Thur- we took the kids fishing at the local hatchery and then when that closed we headed to Beautiful Lake Lanier for some more fishing. Fri- we drove to Bowden Ga to show the kids the home that their Grandpa and Grandma Wallick built when Adam was a boy. Andrea-my sister in law- was able to meet up with a friend she hasn't seen since the 7th grade! Friday night we made it home just in time to witness the crazy weather and were amazed at the amount of rain and hail that came upon is! Saturday was our last day with Andrea and we wanted to do something really fun- so we headed to Helen Ga and found the cutest little Bavarian-German town. It had fun shops and lots of food! We even saw some LDS missionaries who know someone from St.George! We spent the day there and made it home in time for the kids to do the egg thing and Andrea and myself spent the night making food and baking for Easter. Sunday came too fast, and we hugged Andrea goodbye! We miss her infectious laugh! After church we ran home, changed and threw food and kids in the car to head to the lake with our neighbors and friends. We had a great time, and finally were able to give the kids their Easter baskets AFTER their baths! We fell into bed exhausted and NOT ready to be up at 6 for school! It was a great break and we are looking forward to the next break- SUMMER! Love and hugs

2 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I remember that house in Bowden. We used to go and roast marshmallows on the property when it was still being built. Sounds like you guys had a great time with Andrea. Love your new header picture. Very cute. :)

Cindy said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a great action packed spring break. I loved seeing the pics. Your family is so cute. Darling Easter Sunday picture of everyone looking so pretty. Thanks for sharing all your fun and special moments. Glad Andrea got to come visit. Love you guys so much!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!