Monday, April 20, 2009

Our Special Athlete!


We had a great week, especially with our stud boy Parker. He was able to participate in the Special Olympics on Friday. It was an all day event and I gotta tell you... it was AMAZING!! The athletes were from all over Forsyth county and included students from elementary, middle, and high school. Each individual athlete was assigned a "buddy" to be with them the entire time. Parker had a cute high school senior named Jillian. She was so excited to have him again since he was also her buddy for the Valentines Dance. She was very cute with him and was so sweet. They even opened the games up with a prayer! Kinda felt like good ol Utah. The opening song was "We're all in this Together" from High School Musical. Parker danced his heart out! For the first half of the Games, half the athletes were sent to the gym to play games while the other half competed and then they switched. We followed Parker to the gym and watched him play games, and dance to hit songs. He even did a guitar solo (laying on his back of course) to the song- "Life is a Highway" from the "Cars" movie. When it was finally Parker's turn to compete he was so excited. He competed in the tennis ball throw, the soccer kick, and the fun run. He took first in the throw, and kick but second in the run. In the end, he was given the overall FIRST PLACE AWARD in his division of 6 athletes. He was so excited- especially when his named was called. I will upload video as soon as I can, but just know that it was absolutely precious! I really love living here and being able to see our kids do all these wonderful things!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Way to go Parker Boy! Congratulations you stud athlete! So proud of you buddy. Good job! Love you Aunt Cindy

Unknown said...

Way to go Parker!!! You are a champ!

Jess said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Parker!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

What a stud he is. I think that is awesome he got 1st place. We wish we could have seen that. We can't wait to see the video. Love you guys.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

YAAAAAY for Parker! Definitely sounds like he earned MVP status. :)

yoyis said...

Go Parker!!! He truly enjoys life!! I can tell you are loving it there.. Nice to come over and read about your family and stay in touch.... love ya! Cuidate chica!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!