Sunday, April 20, 2008


So, our big major event of the week was Taylor falling off the stool while brushing her teeth! As you can see, she had a big gash on her chin and needed to get 2 stitches. She was such a brave girl about it- she hardly cried AT ALL! Even when the doctor "pulled" some fat out of her chin, AND she wasn't even completly numb so you can imagine the pain of having the fish hook needle going in and out of her chin! Needless to say I did have to bribe her by giving her a trip to Target for whatever she wanted. So $35 later and a lunch trip to Jack in the Box- she was stitched up and on her way to school. She ended her day with a 100% on her first spelling test!

Parker earned a "yellow arrow" in Cub Scouts along with a patch for selling the most Scout Expo tickets. He also got a compass, a pocket knife, a flashlight for his head and a basketball. It was the most expensive compass, pocket knife, flashlight, and basketball we ever paid for! ( Hey- I have no shame, and when it comes to Parker- money is not an issue!) It warms my heart that he LOVES Scouts and that everyone is soooo sweet to him.

Makenzie got off restriction in time to enjoy her 4 day weekend. She passed off her "Give me Liberty" challenge which was honesty quite hard! She did in 1 week what normally should have taken her all school year. The picture of her and her friends is the future Relief Society! Her and her two best friends went and saw "Emma Smith", and when the movie was over- in their words- " we were surrounded by old people!" FUNNY!

So there you have our week, as for Adam and myself , the week was spent doing the normal things we parents do! We did manage to see "The forbidden Kingdom with Jet Li and Jackie Chan( good) and we have been playing "American Idol" on the wii- which is hysterical because I suck! So here is my question for the week-

Do you think we as parents push our kids enough to do their best?

I ask because I feel like I am constantly pushing and pushing and its not until my kids actually do it and "see" the fruit of their labors that they get excited. Why do we have to constantly push?
Oh and by the way- Deal or No Deal is NOT over yet- I got a golden ticket in the mail guaranteeing that the producers WILL watch my 5 minute video ( thanks to my friend Becki who got there late, wore heels and was there past 7pm!) I'm still not sure what I'm going to do but I am workin on it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a busy weekend!! So sorry for Taylor and her chin, ouch. Good job Parker what a great accomplishment. The Wii game sounds like fun and hopefully Deal or No Deal will call you back. We so need to go out. I want to go to the What Women Want Expo in two weeks, interested? Love your blog.

THE CHRIS' said...

I can see it now, you are going to win 1 million dollars and share it with me. haha! You are such a spaz you will get on there for sure. BOW CHICA BOW WOW! Your hubby apparently needs to teach me how to digital scrapbook.

Josh and Michele said...

Cute cute cute! Love the gash picture! Perfect for the blog. What is RESTRICTION? Sounds scary.

The Crocketts said...

Hey chica! How are ya? Life in Texas is...well...hot today. I can't wait to be back in St. George! Give me that dry heat ANY day! I'm glad Taylor was so brave. Your kids are getting so big! I hope that you have a fantastic week! Miss you!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

You really have to do this more than once a week. C'mon, your an exciting girl, you should have loads of stuff to show us!

Heather and Trevor said...

SHANNON!!!! I had no Idea you blogged and digiscrapped! We are truley friends! I found your blog from the Vankomens and I am so glad! I love new blog friends! I will add you to my list! Talk to you soon! Check us out at
www.tnhjenson.blogspot.com

-Heather Jenson

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!