Sunday, November 2, 2008

NO TRICKS ALL TREATS!


We had a great Halloween, and it all went too fast! Adam and I hosted a fun party for Parkers class, and then rushed home to have Julie and Jay ( our local cousins- who by the way, are AWESOME!) come over, followed by pumpkin carving, and getting Makenzie into her costume and out the door for a birthday party! Then we took the two younger ones out to dinner and FINALLY they were able to "trick or treat". Taylor was soo excited and could not walk to contain her excitement. I guess door to door was WAY more exciting than car to car! That ended with a firepit/movie in the cul-de-sac. We couldn't stay long because Adam had to rush to get his family from the MARTA. Yes- I said "the family"! It was the BIGGEST treat we could have gotten, and it was so amazing and unbelievable. They had gone to Mexico and while in Mexico City some computer problem forced the plane to leave late, causing them to miss their connecting flight here in ATL! It was fine with us! So we were able to spend some time with them, even if 6 of those hours were spent sleeping. Of course saying good-bye again was just as hard for us the second time, especially Makenzie. She cried her eyes out for a long while, and it was very sad. It really makes me reflect back in sadness, and really regret all the times I took them for granted. You know that saying- "you never really know what you had, until its gone"? Well, its true! I urge you to really appreciate your loved ones if you are lucky enough to be near them! Spend some time with them and make sure they know that you love and care for them. Living so far from the ones we love really is hard- harder than I ever thought. I am grateful to our loving Heavenly Father who has placed us in an area where we feel a big part of our neighborhood, and where we are surrounded by great,caring and loving people.

Much love and hugs- hope you all are well.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! Georgia! Alyssa and I have been wondering what happened to you guys. I accessed your blog of Lori Mosley's to to see what was going on with you.

Hope all is well.

Wendy and Alyssa Allan

andi watkins said...

so glad to see more pics!! the kids look sOo sOo cute!!! we missed you guys fo sho! we didnt end up going out to coral canyon this year, we just stayed in our own neighborhood and went door to door too... the kids LOVE that! So thats pretty awesome melissa's family was able to stay a night, was that Halloween night? geez... busy day!

Josh and Michele said...

Holy cow! Looks like you guys are so busy. Yea, so we will have to talk some time, but I have expirienced more medical problems so no good news just yet.....

The Crocketts said...

I'm so glad that your transition to ATL is going well and that you are all finding a niche there! Sounds like you had a great Halloween. Miss ya, you cutie!

Heather and Trevor said...

What a fun Halloween and a surprise visit from family to boot! That is awesome! We trick-or-treated by your old house and it is still weird to think that you don't live there! :( Mckenzie looked so cute in her costume too! Wow, watch out girl, she is too grown up already! LOL! :) Glad you are adjusting well. Miss you tons!

Unknown said...

I love your blog...glad to see you guys doing well:)

Cindy said...

Ok, you made me cry my eyes out. I just remembered about your blog! Thank you for having a blog. I love it. It made me feel so good to SEE you all. Pam told me how they got to come see you guys. You all look beautiful. Miss You and love you.

The Steele Family said...

Hey...you should check out how cute Marshae was on Halloween! So Jake and I were gonna go on vacation in December, and he was like..."hey, we should go to Georgia!" LOL...oh and my sis was wondering if you needed a tutu, holla back yo!

Josh and Michele said...

So funny, but your sister in law, Melissa is in 3 of my college classes. I sit next to her in my math class. She is so funny. I just can't believe what a small world this is.

Josh and Michele said...

apparently, when you right click on a picture on any blog, you can steal the picture. People are stealing pics of children and explointing them. kinda scary.
Melissa is fun to sit by. I would have never guessed her as shy.

Josh and Michele said...

apparently, when you right click on a picture on any blog, you can steal the picture. People are stealing pics of children and explointing them. kinda scary.
Melissa is fun to sit by. I would have never guessed her as shy.

Unknown said...

Glad to see that your family is doing well. I just thought that I would let you know that Mrs. Bishop finally got her way. There is no longer a Severe Special Ed program at Coral Canyon Elem. We take Jesika to Heritage Elem. now and we LOVE it. If you guys were still here I think that Parker would enjoy it too. Hope that all is well with your family and Happy Thanksgiving.

Stephannie & Jamie

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!