Monday, November 24, 2008

Parkers Big Day!


Our family tradition is to have a pancake breakfast in the shape of the age the birthday child has turned. We really had to move fast since we were also trying to get ready for 9 a.m church. This is something our kids really look forward to. Our records got read in at church and when they called Parkers name he stood up and waved like he was a politician running for office. The ward got a laugh out of that! He was also recognized in Primary which Makenzie said he really liked. His Larson cousins sang to him which he said "sweet" to and he was excited when grandma Pam finally got a hold of him but he was to busy watching Wall-e that he really wouldn't talk. ( he had called to thank her for his present and had gotten her voicemail AFTER he had gotten the vm of Aunt Emily and Aunt Marci so by the time he got grandmas he was really mad!) Later on we went to Julies and wow! She had decorated her dining room table with ballons, m&ms, bubbles, lil cars, gummy worms, jelly bellies, umbrellas for the drinks, crazy straws and of course party hats for all. He really thought that was cool. Everyone was a good sport and wore the hats, even Julies grandpa! We all ate a tasty hamburger dinner, with all the sides and fixins, and FINALLY it was time for cake and ice cream! Thanks Julie for doing so much for our sweet lil boy- he loves you and your family! All in all he had a good birthday and of course we wish everyone could have been here!

6 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

Happy Birthday Parker! Looks like he had a great time. By the way... what did you think of Twilight? I was kinda disappointed. but lots of people liked it. What about you?

yoyis said...

What a nice tradition!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!!!!

Jason and Tawni said...

Ok, that pancake idea is about the cutest thing I have ever heard of, can I steal your family tradition please? Happy Birthday Parker, you are such a darling little boy and I can't believe you are 9 years old! When I met you, you were 4 or 5 and you have grown up so much since then!
We love you guys and we miss you lots, keep posting, it helps me feel connected to you and your family!

Love
Tawni

Angela said...

I heard good things from family members, but they don't love Edward like I do. I refuse to see the movie for the exact reason that you said not to see it. I love the book. I love the characters in my mind. If they leave stuff out, it annoys me to no end. (Except lord of the rings, they HAD to leave stuff out, sheesh!) So, I am trusting your professional Edward-loving opinion and NOT seeing the movie. You just saved me $20 bucks! :0)

andi watkins said...

I'm glad Parker had a good birthday. I miss you all so much. I'm sorry I keep missing you when you try to get a hold of me, I am just crazy busy right now! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
that picture of Parker and Jetta is so stinkin' cute!!... Jetta looks sOoo tiny!

Davenport Family said...

Happy (late) birthday Parker!!
So, we have been a little off the radar for a while...what's new with you? We are just gearing up for Christmas. Cody is crawling and Cason is potty trained!!!
Hope all is well in the land of Georgia!!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!