Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not For the Sensitive


If you have NOT seen the "Twilight" movie but plan to- do not read the following because I'm about to give my personal opinion.
The night started off pretty good- a girl from my ward organized a small group of women to go to dinner and then to the movie. My sweet husband, not wanting to forfeit our Friday night date decided to join us. So off to the Red Robin we went. It seemed that everyone in the restaurant was heading over to the movie after dinner (okay- so they were a BUNCH of teeny boppers but...) After our nice dinner and conversations we headed over to the theatre to stand in line for over and hour. Simple enough, we were all having a good time talking and laughing AND we were pretty much in the front of the line. So, now it's time to head into the theatre and two girls from our group LITERALLY RUN and SCREAM- which was funny until all the people behind us started to do the SAME THING! (kinda reminded me of Black Friday)
I am laughing so hard that I can't walk- Adams face in the midst of all this was-- priceless! So- we find our group just in time for me to witness one of the girls hurdle over a chair to quickly sit in the row she wanted us to sit in. She actually took a 12 year old girl with her, which made us laugh even more. You could feel the excitement in the air UNTIL about 5 minutes into the movie! Yeah- you read it right. Not only would I NOT pay 10 bucks to see this movie again, I am gonna recommend that if you LOVED the book- DON'T go see the movie. There were certain times through out the movie that we all felt like we were at a comedy club. I am certain that we, the audience should not have been laughing. The acting was terrible, the cinematography was horrible and the music reminded me of a really bad 70's late night movie! There I said it, but YOU be the judge.

4 comments:

yoyis said...

I didn't have any expectations for the movie because I know that books are always 1,000% better. I thought it was a good movie. It was a good movie though. It was hard since there were sooooo many teenagers in the movie theater and, for example, when they finally kiss.... a girl scream!!! so the whole theater laughed. The movie was really closed to the book, but still... I don't ever like movies from good books!! But no expectations...no disapointments. Edward was so much more beautiful in my head!!! LOL

redheadsmom said...

I agree with you. I was NOT a fan. I am realistic about books being made into movies and did not have high expectations and I was STILL disappointed. The Harry Potter film adaptations are a million times better!

EHammond said...

I had such a fun night despite the weird camera angles, strange facial expressions, and cheesy music. I've never laughed so hard at a movie (that wasn't supposed to be funny).

However, I saw it a couple more times (once with hubby and once with Kayleigh-- who liked it) and decided it wasn't as horrible as I initially thought. I'm still not happy with the screen play and some of the acting, but for a low budget movie it was okay.

For the sequels, they ought to get a new screenwriter, director and bigger budget for sure.

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Okay, well I heard a lot of people with the same opinion as you but, I really liked it. Call me crazy but I did! I thought Edward was so hot...
Anyway, How are you? I miss your smiling face. We are moving next month. I can't believe we are still here but I am glad. Love you girl. It is not the same in our ward without you. Linds

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!