Thursday, November 27, 2008

Much to Be Thankful For.....




In these times of economic hardships and the feelings of no job security- I thought I would take this time to express my thankfulness to our loving Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that we have a roof over our heads, that we have food on the table, that we have loving family and friends and that we have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Recently when meeting with a member of our Bishopric, I was truly amazed at this brothers attitude. You see, he had just been laid off at his law firm- as did 9 other lawyers. A lawyer! Something I never thought could happen, and yet here he was testifying to us at how he has faith that things will be fine! I was so impressed and thought- wow! Could I be so sure?
"Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him." D&C 7:12
So remember to give thanks for all that you are privileged to enjoy. I wish you all the Happiest of Thanksgivings and the best of times with your families.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your testimony and have a great Thanksgiving!! Good luck on Black Friday!

The Papa's said...

Beautiful!!! Hope you guys are doing well & that you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Oh & I totally went to school with your sil(?) Emily!!! We've known you for how long & I didn't even put 2 & 2 together.

D and H fam said...

Hey - love the scripture - so very needed in my life right now. Thank you for sharing.

Heather and Trevor said...

What a wonderful Post! I love to read your stuff! We totally did the black Friday thing too and I am pooped! :) I was so glad to hear from you! I will let my fam know you say hi! We think of you all the time! miss you tons! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Cindy said...

OK, you always make me cry.(it's ok, it's a good cry I guess) So wonderful to see your precious family. Loved all the other pictures you shared also. Wow Shannon, you are so good at this blog thing. Impressive! You are the best and I miss you all! No crying! Happy Birthday Parks!

Cindy said...

PS It was the music that got me

redheadsmom said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

THE CHRIS' said...

Congratulations on having twins Shannon! You are going to have your hands full. OOps! Is it still a secret? Not anymore!

yoyis said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too!!! Nice of you to spot by my blog :)
I am going insane with school and work and kids and church, but feeling blessed to have all those.
My parents are coming to visit and I am so excited!!

The Isoms said...

Indeed! We denifinatley need to stop and think about our blessings! It was great to see a picture of Emily! Haven't seen her in a long time! Family is the best!

THE CHRIS' said...

hey old lady! I wouldn't know what was in style in the 80's since I was only 7 when they ended. I didn't use a can of hairspray so I don't think that they are 80's bangs. I am right in style. You know how I am, keeping right up with the style. And by the way I went to the dr and weight freaking 148, holy crap. So, I weigh more than you, nice try! Holy BLIMP!

Honey Family Blog said...

Thanks for that great post and scripture. I think everyone needs a little faith right now. I know from recent experience (Ayzie:) that if you have faith in the Lord everything will work out. I miss you guys and I'm glad your doing well. Thanks for checking in on us from time to time. Merry Christmas
Dana

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!