Tuesday, January 20, 2009


This weekend we went driving around the Carolinas and we got to see all these beautiful historical Plantations and lots of lush acerage of trees and streams. It sparked me to think about all the slaves who spent their lives in captivity. I wonder if I had a time machine that I could travel back in time with- would anyone believe me that in a little over a hundred years we would have an African-American President! Wow! I am excited about the new future for our country and for the changes that will come with the new President, Barack Obama. How exciting for us as a whole country to witness this event! Today is the day that he will become The President of The United States of America! I am sitting here watching and I can not help but to be filled with emotions. This truly is HISTORY IN THE MAKING!
Even if he wasn't the person YOU voted for, may we all take advice from Elder Joesph B.Wirthlin from the October General Conference; "Come What May and Love It"!
P.S- On a side note I am in week 4 of the P90x and Whew- it is hard but Im loving it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Inauguration Day!! Love your new background :)

andi watkins said...

As Peter Brady would say..."when it's time to change, than it's time to cHAaaaNGe" sha nana na nah na nah na na.. sHa na nah na na" I for one welcome the change, so bring it on brutha!!! Love the Byrds song too!! who knew you had it in you...lol

Unknown said...

Hey there, how's life? I miss ya and your smiling face. I'm jealous of all the places you get to see and experience.

Jess said...

Excellent. You will have to let me know if you notice a big difference with P90x. I have been thinking about getting it for months but just haven't done it.

The Crocketts said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Have a great week! Love ya!

The Steele Family said...

K so I am in week 2 of working out at the gym 6 days a week, one to two hours a day, making sure I get in cardio at least five times a week, strength training AT LEAST twice a week and usually one or two piyo and/yoga classes, plus some core classes as well. I was just thinking the other night though about doing P90X...Problem is, I don't own it, but I don't know that I could handle it ya know? I guess you like it though huh?

The Steele Family said...

Well...you are probably gaining a lot of muscle which obviously weighs more than fat. I'm sure you're doing great! Yeah I have been taking GNC's "greens" with the packet of like 5 million horse pills...yeah it's great.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Great post! It was a very memorable and inspiring day. I just loved seeing the people in the streets so excited and moved by this new president. Very cool.

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!