Thursday, January 1, 2009

What Comes Up, MUST Come Down!




So four days ago, after working out, I decided to go ahead and weigh myself. Let's just say- it did not go well. I am 8 LBS larger than I was back in August. Well that motivated me to take down the outside lights. As luck would have it, my sweet Adam joined me and in no time- we were done. Well that led us to look at our garage! What a mess! Adam said "it's so nice outside we might as well tackle the garage now." Wow! I was so excited because I have been wanting to organize it for so long! This part of our day took a lot of our energy because we took everything out and condensed boxes, threw stuff out- you know the drill. After congratulating ourselves on a job well done, we took our energy INTO the house and took down and packed up everything Christmas, and were able to fit it all back in nicely into our newly clean garage! We moved furniture around, dusted,vacuumed, and FINALLY we were done!
It is a good feeling to start the year 2009 off with a clean garage, and a clean home! That night since it was New Years Eve we kicked the New Years off early with some firework fun with a few of our neighbors. The last picture is a few of our neighbors. They are all from South Africa so it is neat to try to learn their language of African. I would like to point out that is was FREEZING COLD!! The best part was handing Parker a sparkler and watching him running around the yard screaming! We can't find our cord to our video camera to upload, but trust me, if you know Parker- it was HYSTERICAL!
HAPPY 2009! Love and Hugs- and YES I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH MYSELF ON THE WEIGHT ISSUE- WHICH IS WHY THE TITLE OF THIS POST IS WHAT IT IS! I WILL BE BACK BLOGGING MY WEIGHT EVERY WEEK SO STAY TUNED! If you want to join my crusade of losing the LBS then let me KNOW!

3 comments:

yoyis said...

About my blog...I was just playing around with it and you looked at it when I was in the middle of fixing it. Thanks for your comments!!!I am glad you think of me!!!
I am so impressed with you and your clean house... it is always clean. I just can't make mine stay clean.
I am glad you had so much fun..and yes, I can see Parker running with the sparkler, funny.

Kathy said...

I'll join your crusade as long as I don't have to say my actual weight, just how much I have lost.

The Steele Family said...

Yeah...pretty sure I joined that club a long time ago, haha. Not doin so hot though. Still trying to get rid of all that pregnancy fat ya know? Well I wish I could get my garage organized. I'm actually really proud of myself cause I just re-organized my kitchen which I've been wanting to do forever. So how have you guys been? Hope you had a great New Years!

About Me

My photo
Adam and I have been married now for 14 years! To make a long story short- we met at the end of June, had our first date on July 4th, and were married on Sept 1, 1995. All I have to say, is "it was in his kiss." Adam is now a regional manager with Vita-mix. It has been a great blessing to have him here at home so that he can witness his children doing and saying all the fun things they do. We love where we live, but really do miss living close to both our parents and siblings. We have so much fun when we are all together and I am so lucky to have 4 fun loving wonderful sister in laws,lots of friends and 4 amazing BEST friends to hang out with. I know many of you will find this shocking but one of my best friends is my mother in law! I know that I can call on her at any time just to share a good laugh. She has given me the best thing a woman can give away- her son. I know- grab the tissue, I'll wait. Seriously- I love life and above all I am so grateful to know that MY FAMILY IS FOREVER!